(Updated May 8th, 2021)
Our office is open and able to offer routine care to our patients.
While we are very excited to see you all, we are conscious that we must do so cautiously in order to maintain the health and safety of our patients, staff and doctors. Over the next while we will be reevaluating our safety protocols in accordance with the Alberta College of Optometrists. High-touch surfaces are sanitized and disinfected after every patient, as well as breath shields and plexiglass where applicable to help maintain a barrier between patients and staff.
In order to maintain good social distancing in the coming months we will be making the following requests of our patients:
- Please book an appointment for all services including, eye exams, glasses ordering, glasses pick up, glasses adjustments, contact lens pick up, eye care supply pick up etc.
- Continue to utilize our curbside pick up and ship to home delivery (also available on our online store).
- Please call when you arrive at the clinic for your appointment – if you are early please wait in your vehicle or outside the office until your scheduled time. This will help us reduce the amount of patients in the office at a single time.
- Masks are mandatory for the duration of your visit, do not take your mask off unless instructed by staff to do so.
- Please attend your appointment alone or with one support person (guardian) if necessary.
- Upon arrival at the office please sanitize your hands immediately and go over the COVID checklist located at the front desk.
- Please advise our staff if you have traveled within the past 14 days, have symptoms of illness, have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or have been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed or suspected of having COVID-19. If you fit any of the above criteria, we ask that you reschedule your routine appointment or allow us to rearrange your emergency appointment to the end of the day.
- We request that you refrain from asking questions while you are actively being assessed and wait until either the doctor or technician has sat back and finished active testing.
- We are unable to provide magazines or refreshments in the waiting rooms at this time – please plan accordingly.
- Please call and schedule in advance if you are coming to the office to select new glasses. We want to ensure we are able to continue to maintain social distancing within our dispensary.
- We are limited to a 1:1 capacity within the clinic ( 1 staff per 1 patient) at all times. Due to this appointments for both eye exams and dispensing needs may be delayed or have longer wait times.
We appreciate your continued patience as we strive to create a safe and efficient environment. We are available to answer any further questions you may have over the phone (403) 271-2818 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your patience.