What Happens If My Frame Breaks?
All frames purchased from our clinic have a 1 year warranty against manufacturer defects, unless otherwise stated. This does not cover abuse to the frame though, so if you sat on your frame or your dog decided to try it for dessert, it cannot be covered by warranty. Think of the warranty of a frame as you would your car…if you crashed your car into the side of a building, would GM warranty it?
What If It Is My Lenses?
If your lenses get scratched and you cannot feel a ridge, chances are we can do a warranty on it. If there is a ridge or a gouge in the lens, it CANNOT be warrantied. Almost all lenses have at least a 1 year warranty against coating issues (peeling, crazing, etc…). Some lenses have a 2 year warranty on the coating; ask your optician which ones. Also did you know that Nikon warranties their 1.6 and 1.67 index lenses against breaking and chipping for 1 year! That means if you are wearing this lens and it chips or breaks, Nikon will replace it NO questions asked within the first year! Now that’s what I call getting your money’s worth!
We pride ourselves on valued service and quality fabrication of all your vision products at very competitive prices. We offer complimentary adjustments and repairs of all our eyewear.
- One year warranty on all frames against manufactures defects.
- One year warranty on all lenses against manufactures defects*
- Two year warranty on name brand anti-reflection coatings*
If you are unable to adapt your new spectacles for any reason or have a prescription change we will replace them within 60 days or original purchase.
Exchanges only, no refunds.
This warranty is exclusive of damage caused by improper or unreasonable use. In this case the replacement frame and/or lenses will be dispensed at a 25% discount within one year of original purchase.
*One time replacement only.
If you do, and you haven’t purchased from us before, then this might surprise you…
When you purchase a year’s worth of your contact lenses from us, we reward you. It’s kind of like joining a VIP club! Not bad for something you would be buying anyways.
- You get an automatic 10% discount.
- You receive a gift certificate of $75-$100 to use in store towards your next purchase of glasses or $50 to use in store towards non-prescriptions sunglasses. If you can’t use it, NO PROBLEM, anyone can use it.
- You will be given a mail-in rebate from the supplier worth $25-$100.
- Any unopened boxes can be exchanged within two years of the original purchase date, if your prescription has changed.
Did you realize when buying your contacts from us, you no longer need to worry about your prescription changing within the year? You get free contact lens evaluations with your optometrist for 6 months after your annual exam, and if you need trial lenses to “tweak” the prescription, they are always free. This also works for damaged contact lenses.
If you have purchased your contact lenses through us and do have a change in your prescription, we will exchange all unopened boxes to match that of your new prescription. It is our way of saying Thank You.
Did you know that you can bundle contact lens solution during the time of your purchase? When doing this, you will not be charged GST and you can claim it on your insurance benefits.
How about if you run out of your prescription and it is not time yet for your annual eye exam? No problem, you can refill your prescription over the phone and if you need, we can ship them to you directly!
Over-Wearing Your Contact Lenses
It is possible to over-wear your contact lenses. Over-wear is defined as wearing your contact lenses for too many hours a day or too many weeks before discarding. This can cause some pretty nasty side-effects, explained below.
- When you over-wear contact lenses, you are reducing the amount of oxygen that goes through your cornea enormously. This lack of oxygen can cause the cornea to become less sensitive to pain or discomfort, which can prevent you from even feeling any symptoms of the damage that is being caused to your eyes.
- As a side effect to the lack of oxygen to the cornea, growth of abnormal blood vessels into the cornea may start, affecting its transparency. These blood vessels can become permanent.
- Over-wearing your contacts can cause a growth of cell layers on your cornea, which may swell and finally become loosened with time and leave empty space on the surface of the cornea. These empty spaces are a great opportunity for bacterial growth and if too many of these slough off, abrasions of even worse, corneal ulcers, can occur.